Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Miss Aintee Connie

I Miss My Aintee
As I started to prepare my blog entry for this week my heart started to feel heavy. I just miss my Aintee Connie.  I feel like I have so much to share with her and so many questions to ask. I realized yesterday that she has been gone for almost 8 months and some day’s it feel like she was just here with me yesterday.
I mentioned in my entry on Friday that the family is finalizing Aintee Connie’s business affairs. Well with the weather breaking we can finally get her head stone down. I would like to share one of the proofs with you guys.  We really like this one but they have one other option that they would like to show us before we make the final decision.

I have my dark shades on today until my heart feels better. I never, ever even imagined my life without her and its just hard to accept.
If I could just have one more stepping lesson, one more hard laugh, one more shop until you drop session, one more cocktail, one more trip, one more Keesha girl, one more after work social, one more Thanksgiving, one more hug, one more I Love You. It still wouldn’t be enough because I would never get enough of my Aintee Connie.
Pray for me and I will pray for you.
I thought of this song for Aintee Connie today.
Have a Blessed Day
Until next time let’s live life and love life.
Lakeesha

6 comments:

  1. Remember some days are going to be harder to deal with than others, but I feel that after 8 months you have come a long way – some people do not get that far. Keep praying as I am still praying for you and your family. As the old saying is you never miss or realize how much you love a person until they are gone and this is a true factor.

    Even though she is gone but yet still alive in you, you are still being loved.

    Love it.

    Hattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selena said...
    Hi my beautiful little cousin, I know exactly how you are feeling. As I sat in my living room just yesterday looking around, and my eyes and thoughts just stopped. And I was overwhelmed with how much I missed Connie, and wrestling with she is really gone. It will never go away and we do not want it to, we must cherish her being thru it all. Love and praying for us all; at all times. Much love cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myia said...
    I love you Keesha Girl - you'll be alright. You find something that makes you happy and at minimum lifts your spirit even if only for a moment and do it... AND ITS OK TO CRY. That doesn't make you weak. I tell myself I GROW STRONGER WITH EACH TEAR.... and always remember your Aunty Connie only wanted the very best for you. She wouldn't want to see you sad and depressed.

    GOD IS ABLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ernestine said...
    Well niece you know we share the same feeling. Some time I don't talk to no one but God. It's hard, she won't be able to call me this year and say Happy Mother's Day Sister what's your plans?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so blessed just because you have all those memories still here to make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dearest Lakeesha,
    I know it is so hard when we miss our beloved family - my heart goes out to you! I miss my Nana and there are days that I just cry. She left a tremendous legacy in you and you represent her gloriously! She was blessed beyond measure for having you in her life - just as much as the imprint she made in yours!!
    Love,
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...