Monday, February 21, 2011

Thank You For Being A Friend

Welcome Back to "Connie's Purse"...In Today's purse I want to discuss "Friendship"
Friend-One attached to another by affection or esteem; a person who you like and enjoy being with.
Friendship-the state of being friends the quality or state of being friendly.
I listed the definitions of friend and friendship because I want you to think about the question: are you being the best friend that you can be?
When we see the word “friend” most people can immediately associate the word with their favorite friend’s face, or maybe even a few names may come to mind.
Everyone has or has had a best friend at some point in their life, but there is nothing wrong with simply being a friend.
When I think of the word friend I think of a person that I love and care for, and someone that I will do anything that I can to help them.  A friend is a good listener, someone I can confide in and a provider of unconditional love. A friend is not a judge of my character; she is someone ready and willing to offer sound advice. A friend trusts me enough to take only advice that I need to help me through my situation.
Aintee Connie was a friend to many, but she was a very special friend to me.  Sometimes you find friendships in people that you least expect to. She was my aintee/friend and I am sure that it must have been difficult at times to keep the friendship side together, but she managed them both very well.  The advice she would give me really made me look at my situation in a different light. The affection she gave me was like nothing I had experienced before. Aintee made me feel like the sky was the limit and I always knew that she was behind me and believed in everything I did one hundred percent. I learned to try new things from her whether it was food, or a new lipstick color, or a bold color dress; she was a lady that loved color and didn’t mind taking a chance and trying something new. The personality she had was bigger than life and I think some of that rubbed off on me and I Love it. She taught me not to get wrapped up into being or having the title of best friend, but to be just a good friend. She taught me that a good friend uses his or her talents and ability to make a difference in someone’s life. Think about it everyone has learned a valuable lesson from a friend at some point in life good or bad.
When I think about the friend I had in Aintee Connie it brings joy to my heart. It makes me feel blessed to have shared such a special relationship with her. She was the type of friend that you felt comfortable with right away. She could pick up on the sound in my voice and tell what mood I was in immediately. What a friend I had in Aintee, I could tell her anything and my secret was safe. Aintee had a gift when it came to being a friend. People that knew her for a short period of time felt as if she had been a friend for life time.
Let’s all take a lesson from Aintee Connie and be the best friend that we can be. Don’t get caught up in having a title or rank with a person just simply be a friend. Friendship is not a competition; it’s a special relationship that should hold a significant place in your heart and it should be genuine.
Aintee Connie, Thank you for being such a good friend to me. I think this is the relationship that I will miss most.
So, grab your friendship purse, take out your cell phone and call your friend today. Send a text message or an email and thank them for simply being a friend.
Of course, I am going to leave you with a song that remind me of Aintee. Listen to the words of The Golden Girls' Theme Song. It describes Aintee Connie perfectly.


5 comments:

  1. I would like to share some of the comments I received via email about this post. I am really enjoying blogging about Aintee Connie. It feels fantastic to know you all appreciate it. Thank You For Being A Friend to me and Connie's Purse.

    Comments Today:

    I pray to GOD each day for your kind heart, you are definitely a wise young person, sometimes I believe you have been here before.

    Once again - wonderful job. And although we haven't known each other long - I want you to know I do appreciate your friendship and look forward to it continuing to grow!!!!!

    A good one!

    That made my day. Love U.

    That’s was wonderful, now that’s what I call a friend.

    If you have a comment you would like for me to post email me @ ConniesPurse@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More Comments to Share.

    I love your post for today. It had me feeling all mushy inside (LOL).

    Thank You for posting this and being a very good friend to me over all these years. I Love You more than I can say.


    I can't express to my friends old and new how much these comments mean to me.
    Lakeesha @ Connie's Purse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lakeesha,
    What a great tribute to Friendship and to your Aunt Connie. Love your blog!
    Your "cyberfriend",
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. More Comments to Share.

    Nikki said....
    I'm loving this lil site, its inspirational and im sure aintee is very proud of what youre doing with keeping her memory alive !! looking forward to more great reads and maybe when i can compose and not cry ill be happy to post one of the many beautiful stories of our Sweet Aintee Connie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lakeesha!! i really, really love this blog! As u know, i had the pleasure of knowing ur aintee Connie and trust me she would be so thrilled and proud of the way u are acknowleding her memory. You and I have been friends/best friends/sistergurls and the titles could go on, for years!!!!! i just want to say Thank you for being a wonderful friend and also for being an inspiration to those dealing with the loss of a loved one.Since i lost my sister Lillian 5 months ago(still cant believe it),i know for a fact,this is the best way to keep their memory is by remembering them in a good light. God bless u Keesha and continue the gud work and i'll be right here with u, love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...